Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Life Update


Last week’s super late post… ;)

I didn’t write last week, because I didn’t really want to sit down and process all of the things that are going on in my life.

But as I sit here sipping my coffee and looking at the sunrise outside my window, I realize I have to process, and allow Jesus (and all of you) to come alongside me in this (yet again) new and different phase of my life.



The clouds outside my window are bright pink and purple, cotton candy clouds. (Oh! Now, some are orange!) And the sky is a bright baby blue behind all the fluff.

I tried to take a picture of the brilliance of the sky, but my phone just can’t capture it all.  And even though the sky is beautiful, I often get morose when looking up at the vast expanse of heavens. They are too big. Too terrible even in all their beauty.

Right now, that is how I feel about life.
It is too much. Too awful, and too wonderful all at the same time. Words can’t capture it. And even in its brilliance, I find myself being worried and fearful at times.

The basics:

There is no great way to say this via blog, but since I have no way to talk to many of you face to face, you must know that I have decided to move on from my church job.  There is no relational strife between the church and myself. I have simply realized, though a series of events, that I am being called to something else for the immediate future.  I don’t know where I will work come January, but I feel called to Macon still, and I believe I will be here until at least May.

Even though I feel released from my job, and I am not leaving on poor terms, my whole world has turned upside down again.

Saying goodbyes to the kids at TLC has been one of the most heartbreaking things I’ve ever had to do. Last Sunday they had me crying for half of our time together. I love them. And the combination of loving them and not knowing the future has me in that uncomfortable spot where all I know is that I have to trust the Lord, and follow Him wherever He leads, even if it hurts!




The beauty of it all:

Jesus loves those kids far more than I do, and He will take care of them. Last Sunday we had a really sweet conversation about me leaving, and I got to tell them about Jesus and how much He loves them and how He will take care of them, so they don’t need me. It was hard, but good, and I know that the kids were really listening. That conversation is something to be thankful for.

Also, the Lord has very much gone before me in the recent developments of life.
And this song keeps running through my head…

I am the Lord your God,
I go before you now.
I stand beside you
I’m all around you
And though you feel I’m far away
I’m closer than your breath
I am with you
More than you know

I am the Lord your peace
No evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind
Come into my rest
And oh, let your faith arise
And lift up your weary head
I am with you
Wherever you go

Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m everything
Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything

I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves
And I am your steadfast, so don’t be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you
I’m your faithful strength
And I am with you
Wherever you go

Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything
Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything

Don’t look to the right or to the left, keep your eyes on me
You will not be shaken, you will not be moved
Ohhhh

I am the hand to hold, I am the truth, I am the way
Heyyyy
Just come to me, come to me
Cause I’m all that you need

The Lord is providing for me (Awesome roommate, friends, Campus Clubs job, Grad and Career group, workout buddy, etc.). The transition out of my current job has been fairly seamless, because two months ago I transitioned out of the apartment position. I also have lots of people around me loving me through the tough moments of uncertainty. AND, I feel a certain amount of clarity about what I’m to be doing in Macon while I am here. The church job got me here, but my part in TLC’s story is through, and now the Lord has other things for me. So I’m going to keep following Him, even though I’m not entirely sure what that looks like.

Workout Buddy! (Well, one of them!)

Friends!

Roommate reading me the Christmas Story from the Jesus Storybook Bible!!!!!!

Campus Clubs boss (and my FRIEND!)

Where this ties into weight-loss:

Without a doubt, I feel that one of the biggest reasons I’m in Macon is to tackle my weight issues and heal from all of the years of emotional and spiritual bondage due to my food addiction/idol.

IF THIS IS ALL I DO IN MACON, MY TIME HERE WILL HAVE BEEN WELL SPEND.

I can’t stress how much MORE this process is 
than just losing weight. I’ve been healing, in ways that I 
didn’t even know I was broken.

For those of you who have asked, here is a recent pic.
BUT, this process if about so much more than what I look like on the outside!!!
Jesus is changing my heart as I work to change my body through discipline and obedience. 

So, I’m going to stay here and keep letting the Lord work on me in this area of my life.

I haven’t been doing GREAT with my eating and working out, if we are telling the truth. But given the fact that it is holiday season, I am certainly not doing terribly.

Please pray that I will value being with people more than I value partaking in the food of the season. It is ok to go to a party and not eat. I’m not depriving myself, I’m keeping my eye on the goal at hand and dying to self WHILE I’m enjoying friends. At least that is what I should be doing more. Just pray for diligence and discipline that comes from a healthy place and not a place of legalism.

On another note…

Happy Christmas Eve, y’all! Thanks for always supporting me! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow full of family and friends and peace and joy that comes only from knowing what Christ did for you on the cross!

Blessings and Love,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment