Sunday, October 28, 2012

Death of the Fat Pants


I wrote this bit of silliness this morning. I hope it makes you giggle!

Death of the Fat Pants

Dear pants, in which I feel so fat,
I’m done with you. Hiyah! Take that!
On days when I was feeling bloated,
You kept my hinny nicely coated
With yards of fabric, dark wash blue
But, truthfully, I hated you.

Your nametag reads a ghastly “20”
Which made me want to gorge on plenty
To soothe my aching heart from woes
Which didn’t work. Oh Lordy knows!
But now I’ve made a solid pact
To turn from you, and that’s a fact.

You felt too loose when I last wore you,
So now I think I’ll have to store you,
Until that fateful future day
When I can burn your soul away
In fire of the cleansing sort
Deserved by every single jort.

And o’er your ashes we will sing
Songs of praises in a ring
Around the fire, toasty warm
A new creature will be born.
One who loves the jeans she’s in,
But also one who runs from sin

And as God’s fire refines my soul
I’m glad to see you play your role
In taking me from old to new
And giving me an awesome view
Of the reality of lasting change
That comes when my sweet savior reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment