Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life as an M.A.T. Student

As I'm working towards my masters, I've been doing a series of technology projects for one of my classes. One of the final projects was creating a blog, but I have chosen to just add some links to this blog instead of creating another one. If you enjoy keeping up with me via blog, maybe you will actually enjoy seeing these projects too. Who knows?

While getting my masters, I've become conscious of many of the struggles in the education field. There are the normal complaints, such as standardized testing, principal problems, and such. But then there are new issues, like cyber bullying and utilizing technology to reach the next generation of students. I can't say that my personal theories about education have changed much, but I am certainly more knowledgeable about how to implement my vision. I know how to use a Bridge Photo Story to teach students about important historical events in their town. I know how to create a budget in order to purchase technology for the classroom. I know techniques to deal with cyber-bullies, and I know how to create a Trailer and Cooking Tutorial video as a new means of teaching. (I also got to play with iMovie and the smart board, among other things. So, hit me up if you need to know how to use your Mac.) I feel that I've been equipped with many tools for my future classroom, and I'm excited about testing them out in the years to come. I hope you enjoy looking at my projects. Who knows, maybe they will give you ideas for your own classroom!

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment