Friday, April 20, 2012

Prayers for Men


I found this on a blog the other day (fast pray blog) and thought it was interesting. I believe we have a real need for godly men in the world, and it is important to pray for the men in our lives to step up the the challenge and be leaders. The women who write and read this blog fast every Monday and pray for the men in their lives. I'm considering doing the same, but for now I'm just going to take some time to read over and answer these questions. My plan is to do this privately, but I might post my answers later. I thought I'd post these questions just in case anyone else wants to read take some time and pray over them as well. Enjoy!
~Christy

What are my honest thoughts are about men and power?  What symbolizes power to me?  What is real power?   
Pray for the men you know to gain deeper relational power.
What might it feel like to be wanted/desired “without fear” by a man?  
Pray for the men you know to be set free to desire without hesitancy.  
Pray for the men you know to have the confidence that they have something to provide/offer a woman. 
What does a ‘healthy’ man look like in my experience?  
Pray for the men you know to be able to:
   connect,
   be present
   have good boundaries and be able to say ‘no,’
   be comfortable with their imperfections (and that of the women in their lives), and
   be able to grow up and be adult, able to treat women neither as mommies nor as children, but as equals.

Pray for the men you know to get healthy and show up as full people (even as, of course, we pray the same for ourselves as women).
Let’s take our energy around this topic and pour it back into our prayers before God!

No comments:

Post a Comment